Erik J. Meyer-Curley (erik_j_meyer) wrote in masons,
Erik J. Meyer-Curley
erik_j_meyer
masons

Truth

Truth

When touched by Truth's immortal fire,
How firm each purpose stands!
Each wandering thought, each vain desire,
Obeys its high commands;
And ever, as the day rolls o'er,
The holy feelings rise,
To mark that future, cloudless shore,
Beyond these stormy skies.

How dear the kind, fraternal tie
That binds each manly heart,
Though sorrows fill the weeping eye,
Or joys their charm impart!
How dear, to Brothers good and true,
The plighted word that tells
Of trusting thoughts that spring anew
Where'er a true heart dwells!

The pledge that holds the willing ear,
The whispered word that's given,
Are kindly blessings gathered here,
To ripen yet in Heaven;
For He, whose promise never fails,
Lights up the holy fire,
To guide us on, through sorrow's vales,
And highest thoughts inspire.

Let altars of immortal Truth
Receive our willing vows,
The fairest gem of hopeful youth,
Or age that feebly bows:
When years on years have calmly passed,
And sorrows come no more,
Be each true Brother found, at last,
Upon a happier shore.

Thomas Power, 1844
Past Grand Secretary
Grand Lodge of Massachusetts
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 7 comments

pierceheart

October 31 2011, 03:40:52 UTC 8 years ago Edited:  October 31 2011, 15:36:22 UTC

The community maintainers are currently acting like dictators.

They are deleting evidence that they are lying in their most recent post

I posted a screenshot of the messages I sent to the maintainers - showing that I messaged each of them ONCE, initially, on this, at the same time, and then responded to one of them after they both responded to me.

Bearing false witness isn't exactly the way to treat someone, either, but, then again, neither are threats.
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2011 11:02 AM
Subject: cortesius sent you a message

Hi [info]pierceheart,

[info]cortesius sent you a message on LiveJournal: Re: masons LJ community.
The message was:
Yes, I could ban him, but...
which communities? what did he do?
So far, there's one "off-topicky" post.
His profile is not encouraging, but I'm not so personally vindictive.
I'll talk with the person I consult on these topics and decide.

It's not that I'm not listening; it's just that I'm slow to act.

--- pierceheart wrote:
> http://masons.livejournal.com/466299.html
>
> user grevvlad is a repeat spammer across multiple masonic communities - can you ban?
One off topicky post?

His only two posts to the community since joining have been music videos of no relation to the ocmmunity topic.
This is what he did over at the esotericmasons community as well, except he posted a lot more times.
He does not respond to comments on his posts pointing out that it is off topic - in short, he doesn't care.
--- cortesius wrote:
> Yes, I could ban him, but...
> which communities? what did he do?
> So far, there's one "off-topicky" post.
> His profile is not encouraging, but I'm not so personally vindictive.
> I'll talk with the person I consult on these topics and decide.
>
> It's not that I'm not listening; it's just that I'm slow to act.
>
> --- pierceheart wrote:
> > http://masons.livejournal.com/466299.html
> >
> > user grevvlad is a repeat spammer across multiple masonic communities - can you ban?
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2011 12:14 PM
Subject: cortesius sent you a message

Hi [info]pierceheart,

[info]cortesius sent you a message on LiveJournal: Re: masons LJ community.
The message was:
I sense a bit of irritation that you can't just tell me what to do.

Believe it or not, the "Master's Hammer" post had already been discussed. I saw some value/interest in it, so I let it stand. I'll be blunt -- I liked the song, wondered if it had some part in a larger masonic cycle, noted the name of the band and moved on to do other things (basically packing and moving to another continent). So at this point, we have a difference in taste. I won't ban for that.

As for his personality, Masonry implies that "charity" is more than giving money. I'm not certain how good his English is, so his participation may be limited. (He's one of the Russian users.)

I do thank you for citing an example of his past behavior though. That was useful information. So far, though, he hasn't really disrupted the "noise to signal" ratio.

AS I SAID BEFORE, I'LL TALK WITH THE PERSON I CONSULT. They already brought the "Master's Hammer" post up. They're inclined to ban. The matter was headed in your favor, but I'm getting testy. Practice some silence and circumspection on this issue.

In the past, some have suggested that Eric J. Meyers is nothing more than copypasta. Or that the briefest mention of current 93 in user info equates to "clandestine". Some of those users who complained even quit the community in a huff.

I told you before I was listening, but am slow to act. The course of action was already decided, but there are problems with timezones. Probably, we'll remove the posts and go from there, but I should tell you: I'm not really listening now. If you want to keep messaging back and forth we should pick a cheerier topic.

--- pierceheart wrote:
> One off topicky post?
>
> His only two posts to the community since joining have been music videos of no relation to the ocmmunity topic.
> This is what he did over at the esotericmasons community as well, except he posted a lot more times.
> He does not respond to comments on his posts pointing out that it is off topic - in short, he doesn't care.
> --- cortesius wrote:
> > Yes, I could ban him, but...
> > which communities? what did he do?
> > So far, there's one "off-topicky" post.
> > His profile is not encouraging, but I'm not so personally vindictive.
> > I'll talk with the person I consult on these topics and decide.
> >
> > It's not that I'm not listening; it's just that I'm slow to act.
> >
> > --- pierceheart wrote:
> > > http://masons.livejournal.com/466299.html
> > >
> > > user grevvlad is a repeat spammer across multiple masonic communities - can you ban?
--- cortesius wrote:
> I sense a bit of irritation that you can't just tell me what to do.

I sense a bit of projection on your part, as well as frustration at what you infer to be my motives, hence your use of all caps in response to me:

> AS I SAID BEFORE, I'LL TALK WITH THE PERSON I CONSULT. They already brought the "Master's Hammer" post up. They're inclined to ban. The matter was headed in your favor, but I'm getting testy. Practice some silence and circumspection on this issue.

>
> I told you before I was listening, but am slow to act. The course of action was already decided, but there are problems with timezones. Probably, we'll remove the posts and go from there, but I should tell you: I'm not really listening now. If you want to keep messaging back and forth we should pick a cheerier topic.

One comment thread from me to you directly about a specific poster, and now you act as if I have been pestering you.
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2011 12:13 PM
Subject: donutgirl sent you a message

Hi [info]pierceheart,

[info]donutgirl sent you a message on LiveJournal: Re: masons community.
The message was:
sure. I checked with my uh... masonic authority about that video yesterday, and he said he thought it seemed vaguely related to freemasonry enough to let it stand. but he shouldn't be cross-posting the same stuff everywhere, so I will ban.

--- pierceheart wrote:
> http://masons.livejournal.com/466299.html
>
> user grevvlad is a repeat spammer across multiple masonic communities - can you ban?